Company: Connolly Brothers, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Reporting to: Vice President of Construction
Location: 152 Conant Street, Beverly, MA (not a remote
Shift: Full Time M-F, 7am to 4pm
Connolly Brothers, Inc., celebrating 140 years in business, is
seeking an experienced Superintendent responsible for directing and
coordinating activities of Connolly Brother's construction
About Connolly Brothers, Inc.:
Connolly Brothers is a construction management firm serving private
commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. A
five-generation family business established in 1880, Connolly is
based in Beverly, Mass. and operates throughout the New England
region. For more than a century, clients have turned to Connolly to
handle all aspects of their construction projects, from planning
and design to real estate development.
Connolly has approximately 30 employees and manages $30MM to $50MM
in projects annually. The real estate division owns and operates a
mixture of single and multi-tenant commercial buildings and is
actively seeking new development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and direct on-site construction activities
- Collaborate with project manager in reviewing and analyzing
project timelines and budget to ensure projects are delivered on
time and on budget
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed
to eliminate problems and improve quality
- Revise timelines and priorities as result of operational
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modifications to
original project plan
- Ensure work on site is performed in accordance with contract
documents and specifications
- Create and maintain a three week look ahead schedule for
construction activities; daily activity reports; accident/incident
reports and others as required
- Enforce safety program as defined in company safety manual and
in accordance with all applicable safety codes and regulations
- Maintain existing customer and subcontractor relationships
- Maintain MA Construction Supervisor's License
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and
development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge
and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally;
expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good
listening and comprehension; keeps others well informed; selects
and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer
feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and
assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to
building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own
interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and
objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of ten years of related experience or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
customers and employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with many
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms;
climb, balance, kneel and crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will
follow any other instructions, and perform any other related
duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Connolly Brothers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly
values diversity. Connolly Brothers and the Source and Recruit
Company do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status. Principals only. Agency
recruiters, please don't contact Connolly Brothers management.
Keywords: Connolly Brothers, Inc., Revere , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Revere, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!