Group Exercise Instructor / Per Diem / MGH-Revere Health Center
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Fitness Instructor is the leader in the Fitness Center. The
Instructor provides quality customer service, guidance, motivation,
and supervision to all members and their guests with their fitness
programs. The Fitness Instructor also provides new members with
orienting them to the facility by developing an exercise program to
fit their needs, and following up with them to ensure validity, and
give encouragement when needed. Currently everything is done on
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates member medical history questionnaires to determine
appropriate individual exercise programs.
- Plans and implements standard and individualized exercise
programs in response to assessed individual need and assessed
- Determines format and content of programs based on assessed
member's abilities and needs (fitness goals), and on interpretation
of physiological assessment and/or referral data.
- Monitors all members and guests usage of cardiovascular and
resistance training equipment, (walks the fitness floor at least
every 30 minutes).
- Advise members on exercise and nutrition.
- Enforce club policies and procedures, as appropriate.
- Follow-up and communication with members, as required.
- Tracks member's progress and maintains complete and accurate
- Ensures member adherence to safety and injury prevention
policies and procedures; prepares incident reports as
- Be informed of the latest trends in health, nutrition, fitness,
- Performs indoor pool testing and assists in pool and Jacuzzi
maintenance, (6am, noon, 5pm, 9:30pm).
- Gives club tours to prospective members and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of membership pricing.
- Promotes personal training, special programs, and group
- Maintains a clean fitness floor, (picks up cups, towels,
straightens magazines, keeps equipment orderly).
- Records, interaction with members, # tours given, member
orientations, safety concerns, equipment problems, in the shift log
- Responsible for either leading a monthly workshop during a
floor shift or maintaining a fitness board
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the
BS in Exercise Science or related degree, or accredited
CPR certification required
AED certification required
Must have a minimum of one year experience
Must be customer service oriented
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Revere , Group Exercise Instructor / Per Diem / MGH-Revere Health Center, Other , Revere, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!