Company: May Institute
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental
Disabilities, and our May Center School for Brain Injury and
Neurobehavioral Disorders offer full-day, year-round educational
services to children and adolescents.Our schools focus on building
communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills.
We base our programs on applied behavior analysis, or ABA, which
has been shown through hundreds of scientific studies to be the
most effective method to teach children and adolescents with autism
and other developmental disabilities.The May Center School for
Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders successfully educates
students with complex needs and co-occurring diagnoses. These young
people often require a combination of physical, medical, cognitive
and social/behavioral therapies in an environment that supports
skill development and rehabilitation.Our caring professionals help
each child to reach his or her highest potential.May Center for
Adults Services, a division of May Institute, provides a wide range
of community-based services for adults of all ages with autism and
other developmental disabilities, which include community,
supportive living, and day programs. Our May Center for Adult
Services in Eastern Massachusetts is seeking a Registered Nurse
(RN) for our Day Habilitation Program in Revere Massachusetts. The
Registered Nurse coordinates all health care services provided to
the individuals at the Day Habilitation program.Schedule is as
follows: Monday to Friday 8am to 4pmResponsibilities
- Obtains and maintains knowledge of all individuals including
significant medical history, current medical problems, current
medications, usual behavior and appearance and report changes as
necessary and appropriate.
- Conducts routine and problem-centered health assessments and
develop and implement appropriate interventions.
- Completes daily, monthly, quarterly and annual nursing
assessments notes as needed.
- Performs periodic reviews of the medication record to ensure
accuracy and review all medication occurrence reports.
- Provides staff training for pertinent medical concerns.
- Administers medical treatments prescribed by the individual's
physician as per regulations.
- Delivers first aid in emergency situations as necessary.
- Provides telephone consultation services during shift and after
work hours and has on call weekend responsibilities on a rotating
- Possible expansion to help with the Residential
- Current RN license
- No previous work experience necessary but preferred (can train
- Previous medication teaching experience preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Strong computer skills preferred#INDMay Institute is an Equal
Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute
also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any
of the protected categories.
Keywords: May Institute, Revere , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Revere, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!